Beer Me

Well I thought that I would be able to post more from my shows last week, but boy was I wrong. The days got longer and longer and I was just so very tired.

Tradeshow Day 1

Tuesday morning I woke up and went running on the treadmill in the hotel gym. Then I hit the ground running for the day ahead. These shows are a bunch of conference sessions and tabletop exhibitors trying to get companies to buy materials from them. The industry (anti-aging) is interesting enough, but seeing as I don’t really know too much about it, the day can get tiring. My job is to videotape and take pictures for my company of the show. Luckily at the end of the day they had a cocktail reception and a sushi bar! Guys were making fresh sushi for hours and I ate my weight in it.

Tradeshow Day 1

After dinner I originally was just going to crash upstairs. Some coworkers wanted to go out though, so after convincing my boss to let me expense drinks that night, we hit the town. First stop was World of Beer. It was pretty cool. They have 500 beers (on tap and in bottles) and an iPad directory that you can filter by style, alcohol volume, color, hoppiness, etc. I got the Duckstein Hefeweiss which was pretty great.

Tradeshow Day 1

Next I decided to show the girls the “college” part of town. I took them to a bar we usually go to after Rutgers games called Stuff Yer Face. They have amazing strombolis and their famous fishbowl drinks. Michelle and I shared one and it was delicious. After that we headed to another bar across the street from our hotel called The Old Bay and got one last drink. Not bad for a Tuesday night.

Tradeshow Day 2

The next morning, even though I was tired, I still made myself get up to go to the gym. When I got there (around 6) all the treadmills were occupied so I opted for the elliptical. The gym looks into the pool and every year I say that I will remember my bathing suit, but I never do. I did 3 miles on the elliptical and called it a day. Today was the switchover of shows. The first one had conferences in the morning and the second one was starting set up. I had a lot of running around I had to do (and a lot of backpacks to stuff with promotional items), but it all got done somehow. That night we had another cocktail reception. This time I had crab cakes, turkey burgers (without the bun) and chicken fingers. My diet was so bad!

Since it was our last night there a few coworkers came up to my room (since I was the only one with a fridge) and have a few beers. We had gotten a case earlier in the day and I needed help drinking it. So much beer…

Tradeshow Day 3

The following morning I did not get up for the gym. I needed one day of rest and we also needed to be at the show at 7:15am. I packed up all my stuff and checked out then headed downstairs. This second show is the more intense of the two. I have been going to it for so many years now I feel like a professional at it. I was very tired though and had a lot of green tea throughout the day (hotel coffee is horrible). We ended the event with….you guessed it! ANOTHER cocktail reception. The drive home was pretty miserable. There was a lot of traffic, but I eventually made it.

Once I got home I just wanted to go to sleep. I realized that my Haunted Mansion coasters arrived!

Haunted Mansion Coasters

So happy the Marketplace Co-Op restocked them! I snagged two before they were sold out again.

What a great end to a long week (and it was only Thursday).


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s