So I haven’t done a recipe post in a while. Probably because I really haven’t been cooking anything interesting.
Tonight I finally decided to step it up and cook something new. Well this recipe was definitely a win and I cannot wait to make it again!
A few weeks ago, while strolling through the store, I saw a new kitchen contraption called the Veggetti. I had seen commercials for it and thought it would be cool so I got it. Ever since it has been sitting in my cabinet, waiting to be used. Well, tonight was the night.
While driving home from work my coworker Laura and I were taking about thai food. It made me REALLY want thai for dinner so I figured why not whip something up! I perused a few different recipes online, but settled on a rendition of this.
I started by getting all my ingredients out.
I never wound up using the pepper and I only used on carrot.
I also really love protein in my dinner since most of my breakfast and lunch are vegetarian. I defrosted some chicken I had in the freezer.
Then i cut it up into chunks and grilled in on the stove (with nonstick spray) until it was cooked.
Then I got to work preparing my noodle pasta. I had used vegetables as a pasta substitute before (usually spaghetti squash) so I was excited to try more.
First I spiralized the zucchini. I didn’t realize how much one and a half zucchini would make!
Then I decided to add more color and spiralized a carrot to add to the zucchini.
Once all my vegetables were made into pasta I cut it with a knife. This broke up the really long spiraled pieces into more manageable pieces.
Next I ground up 1/4 cut of peanuts in my Magic Bullet. Perfect powder.
Then I got to work cooking. First you scramble two eggs.
Then I cleaned my pan out and added 1 tbsp peanut oil and 1 tbsp minced garlic and let it simmer for a minute.
Next I mixed up the sauce and added that to the pan.
Once the sauce started to simmer I added in my noodles and tossed it with the sauce.
Then I added in the chicken, peanut powder and egg and mixed it all together and let it simmer.
I kept stirring while it simmered so that all the sauce got on everything.
Then I split it into 3 servings and chowed down! It was absolutely delicious. Definitely something I am making again!
Chicken Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai
2 whole eggs
1/4 cup roasted peanuts
1 tbsp peanut oil
1 garlic clove, minced
2 medium zucchinis
9 oz. chicken
For the sauce:
3 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
2 tbsp fish sauce (or hoisin sauce, if you’re strict vegetarian)
1 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsp chili sauce (I used chili garlic sauce)
1/2 tbsp honey
1. Cut chicken into cubes and cook over medium high heat in a nonstick pan until cooked through
2. Wash vegetables being used. Then spiral in Veggetti (thick or thin depending on preference) and set aside in bowl.
3. Place the peanuts into a food processor and pulse until lightly ground (no big peanuts should remain, but it shouldn’t be powdery). Set aside.
4. Scramble the eggs and set aside.
5. Place all of the ingredients for the sauce into a bowl, whisk together and set aside.
6. Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add in peanut oil and garlic. Cook for about 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add in the sauce and cook for another minute.
5. Add in the zucchini noodles and stir to combine thoroughly.
6. Cook for about 2 minutes or until noodles soften and then add in the chicken, scrambled eggs and ground peanuts. Cook for about 30 seconds, tossing to fully combine.
7. Plate onto dishes and enjoy!
Total Fat: 12 g
Fiber: 6.4 g
Protein: 28.4 g