I cannot believe August has come and gone and we are now in September. SEPTEMBER! Ugh where has my summer gone!?! Not that summer is over yet, but kids are back in school and the fall fashions are all over the stores. Even the empty storefronts along the highway are turning into Halloween stores! Luckily I can say that I did a lot of fun stuff this summer, and August was amazing.
I did not post last week because I was galavanting around the country. I had originally wanted to try and post while I was away, but I gave that idea up real quick. I wanted to enjoy my last vacation of the summer and I did! More on that in the next few weeks.
1. August started off with a beach getaway with my friends in Sea Isle City. We did beach yoga, had fun times at the bar, and did another amazing old timey photo.
2. I was in the city for work and visited the 9/11 memorial for the first time (up close). Very moving and still hard to think about.
3. I started digging up old videos from college to post every Thursday for #tbt
4. Cheryl and I attempted to train for an upcoming half marathon by running my favorite route around the Schuylkill River in Philadelphia.
5. My cousin brought me back a little tasty piece of Disney
6. I had some car problems, but it all sorted itself out
7. Garage Sale! We cleaned out the house (and found some great old stuff) and then sold a lot of it. We made a decent profit to bring with us on vacation.
8. I went to Canada for the first time ever! I traveled to Vancouver with Cheryl on her business trip. It was a great time. We even took a horse carriage around Stanley Park.
9. We ran the Sea Wheeze Half Marathon. Lululemon EVERYWHERE and they had very unique medals.
10. After Vancouver we traveled to Wisconsin to visit family. I drink so much there, but I found Dill Pickle chips to enjoy with all the beer.
11. Midwest sunsets are really something everyone should see.
12. I went to Chicago for the day with my family. The bean was so bright on a sunny day, but I still didn’t get to the top of the Sears Tower (Willis Tower now).
13. One thing I always do in Wisconsin is go fishing with my uncle. This year we took a charter on Lake Michigan (at 5am) and I caught a 16.7 pound trout! Now that was a big fish!
I am not looking forward to the weather getting colder and I cannot even think about snow right now! September should be a good month though. In the beginning of the year my friends and I decided to get Rutgers football season tickets (they all went there). The first game is this weekend! I love football tailgating and now I have a bunch of games to look forward too. We are even traveling to Ohio in October for a game. I am also running my favorite race the Philadelphia Rock and Roll Half Marathon in a few weeks. We decided to also do the 5K the day before (extra medal)!