So everyone is talking about the PowerBall drawing tomorrow. At the moment the jackpot is $550 MILLION to the winner (if there is only one). This is the time when EVERYONE goes out and gets tickets. I mean on average the jackpot is still a few million, but people go crazy when it gets this high, myself included.
I don’t gamble often, but when I do I start to think of what I would do if I actually WON. I mean, doesn’t everyone like to think about a world where money doesn’t matter?
So today I am giving you my list of what I would do if I won the lottery!
1. College was an amazing time in my life. I made lasting friendships and great memories. I don’t regret going one bit. The problem is the cost. I have been out of school about 6 years now and have only paid about 3% of my loans off. The interest is killing me! The first thing that I would do with my money is pay off all my college loans. I would then pay off Cheryl’s and the loan my parents have for our first year. To not have that debt to carry around would be such a relief!
2. Home is where the heart is. I love my family’s home, but you always think of ways to improve it (especially now with Pinterest). My old high school is starting to head down the tubes, so I don’t know if I would want to live in the same town when I have a family. That being said I would either build my dream home or find a house I love and renovate it with all the things I want. Top things I want in my home are a wrap around porch, a pool with an awesome outdoor area, a bunk bed room (because I mean awesome!), a movie room, and of course there would be sliding barn doors everywhere because at the moment I am obsessed with them.
3. What woman doesn’t want to update their wardrobe? I am really not into expensive things. But believe me the $$ I would drop in TJ Maxx and cute places I can’t afford now like Anthropologie…the dreams
4. I love my little Kia. I bought it because it was newer, an awesome price and had 4 doors. If I won the lottery there would be no blingy, unrealistic cars in my future. I am definitely into the “green” cars and SUVs. Gotta save the planet! The Nissan Juke is pretty cute!
5. RELAX. I would take my entire family (yes entire and there are A LOT) on a relaxing vacation to the Maldives. The crystal clear water and amazing beaches and hotels. It would be so great to get my whole family together and have fun and relax. I mean an underwater room!
6. Lastly I would hire the most kick ass, amazing personal trainer to whip myself into shape. The ONLY person to fit that would be the awesome Jillian Michaels!
Now don’t go thinking I am such a materialistic person. These are just things I have always dreamed about. I of course would put a lot of money aside so my parents can retire. I don’t think I would be able to not work, but starting my own ad agency or event planning company would be fun. I would also donate to charities (I do that all the time now with the little money I have) and definitely give money to friends and family. I don’t think I would flat out be like “here’s a million bucks” especially because of most people I know I am pretty good with budgeting (Cheryl is too) and I think they would blow it so fast. I would definitely buy stuff for the people I love and help them pay off debts and such.
There are so many things that run through your head. All the what ifs….
What would you do if you won the lottery?!?